1 lb. dates or more diced
3/4 cup water or more
2 tbsp maple syrup or 1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
½ tbsp lemon juice
1. In a saucepan add dates, water and sugar and cook stirring often until dates are soft and
mixture is right consistency (may need to add more water).
2. When cooking is finished add orange and lemon juice.
1 cup butter (½ butter, ½ margarine)
½ to 3/4 cup brown sugar
1½ cups flour (½ whole wheat, ½ white)
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp or less salt
2 cups oatmeal (½ quick cooking, ½ large flake)
1. Beat together butter and sugar.
2. Mix together dry ingredients except oatmeal and stir into butter/sugar mixture.
3. Blend in oatmeal.
4. Layer in 8X8 pan (or oblong)
5. Bake 325' til very lightly browned on bottom (about 25-30 min.)